Best Practices Needed on Negotiating the final price

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
Looking for some first hand experience on how to drive down the bid from pool builders. My best attempt has just been saying that I am leaning towards another guy. The one pool builder dropped 2% margin "to get the deal done".

What i did was getting some bids and after i know what is the price for each component in my area I told the next guy (the builder i wanted to use after some research) that I want it done in X amount of $$, for me it worked.... so basically i told him the price of building my pool instead him suggesting a price.

What i did was getting some bids and after i know what is the price for each component in my area I told the next guy (the builder i wanted to use after some research) that I want it done in X amount of $$, for me it worked.... so basically i told him the price of building my pool instead him suggesting a price.

I don't know exactly how much margin they are padding, but ultimately I am hoping to erode at least $2-$3k while getting the same product. Going back and forth has been working well, but at some point, it is going to get annoying for them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.