Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 14' sand filter conversion *HELP*

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 14' sand filter conversion *HELP*

Hello all, new here so forgive me if this isn't in the correct spot. I've had an 18' Intex agp for the last eight years. The kids are moving out of the house so I am replacing it with a 14' Intex. I've got the ground prepped and am ready to start the setup when I notice the pump inlets and outlets on the liner are much smaller than those from the previous pool. I've seen where they sell adapters for this but I am no fan of that solution. Seems it would restrict water flow and possibly make the pump work harder. Any who - does anyone know of a solution to this problem before I take the pool back and go to 18' again? Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 14' sand filter conversion *HELP*

The smaller ports will only slightly impact the flow rate and should not cause the pump any problem.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It is an 14' x 42" Intex Ultra Frame.
    Intex 14' x 42"
    Intex 2650 GPH sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Just noticed the liner has two inflow ports so I should be good there, but the outflow port is Way smaller than the original I was using. Seems the pump would just blow the cover right off. 20160517_155033.jpg20160517_155119.jpg
    Intex 14' x 42"

5. Back To Top    #5

All sizes of new intex pools come with the two smaller outlets replacing the old style, single larger outlet. Intex intends for both smaller outlets to be combined via the "T" valve. Many of us have cut out the smaller outlets and replaced them with standard 1.5" outlet fittings.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

6. Back To Top    #6

Philc - thanks for that. Something so simple and I'm freaking out over here. Where is my x-acto knife.
    Intex 14' x 42"

7. Back To Top    #7

My pleasure, here's a thread that may help. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-your-Intex
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........