I have been building a pool...in my head...since July 2016. I have met with several PBs and requested proposals from two. This pool "thing" is incredibly expensive and I feel PBs can often treat a buyer as if they should not look under the hood, "buy the car, trust me, it will be great!". I signed a contract with a PB in March, but two days before the dig, I cancelled. So many concerns about the gas line, piers or no piers, skills needed to properly drain water around my pool instead of into it... I have a challenging yard and it is going to take someone very conscientious to do this right so that I will truly enjoy it for the next 20 years that I live here. That said, I am on track with a PB I have been working with since the beginning...not a salesperson for a pool builder, but the actual PB. Hoping we are in contact this weekend!
- I live in McKinney, TX, Piers or no piers...thoughts?
- The cost for Wet Edge Primera Stone is 2X that of Luna Quartz - why is it worth the price or not, gotta get the Hubs on board?
- Would love to hear some lessons learned - what would you do different, where would you lean into doing it better, versus saving money?
- My intuition is telling me to go Chlorine versus SWG, but I am thinking I go SWG and switch to chlorine if / when I need to. (yes, I know SWG generates chlorine
- Planning on a Pentair system, thoughts on the Screenlogic that enables iPhone control?
Thank you in advance for serving as my therapy group as I walk this road. I am excited and ready to be broke.