Skimmer Identity - Possible replacement?

May 17, 2016
westland, mi
I purchased a home with a neglected pool. Found to be a leak in the skimmer. When I contacted local professionals about a basket, weir, or repair, no one could understand what I was talking about. I don't have any pictures, but it looks like a regular skimmer without a weir, however, the inside has only 1 x 1.5 drain and the skimmer body is completely steel. How old is this thing?? I looked up the permits for the home and the pool was installed in 1964, 1 year after home was built. Were skimmers metal back then? And should I just drain, resurface, and replace the skimmer to restore the pool to it's former glory? Most importantly, I just would like to know who made these things as I cannot even find any images of metal skimmers w/o a weir anywhere using an internet search. Thanks in advance for any advice with this.

Michael VanDeneede
(1st time IG pool owner - but have learned a lot!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.