Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Identity - Possible replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Skimmer Identity - Possible replacement?

I purchased a home with a neglected pool. Found to be a leak in the skimmer. When I contacted local professionals about a basket, weir, or repair, no one could understand what I was talking about. I don't have any pictures, but it looks like a regular skimmer without a weir, however, the inside has only 1 x 1.5 drain and the skimmer body is completely steel. How old is this thing?? I looked up the permits for the home and the pool was installed in 1964, 1 year after home was built. Were skimmers metal back then? And should I just drain, resurface, and replace the skimmer to restore the pool to it's former glory? Most importantly, I just would like to know who made these things as I cannot even find any images of metal skimmers w/o a weir anywhere using an internet search. Thanks in advance for any advice with this.

Michael VanDeneede
    (1st time IG pool owner - but have learned a lot!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer Identity - Possible replacement?

You might find a suitable replacement here: Search results for: 'replacement weir'
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain