Added shock now pool is green

Sandra, I suspect you have two challenges at this point ... the first is that you are relying on the pool store testing. While that may be convenient and seem to be the best thing to do, I can assure you that it's not. The proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 or Taylor K-2006) is the foundation of your pool care. Why these kits? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.

As for the green, even though the pool store didn't show metals, their testing is not foolproof. When chlorine turns water a clear, emerald green, it's strong indication of metal (iron or copper) either form local sources (i.e. well water) or the use of algaecides that contain copper. Happens all the time.

The starting point in all of this would be to see a full set of test results from one of those recommended test kits. Then we could rule-out algae and give you good directions for metal management if that what it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.