automated chlorine feeders

May 11, 2016
Troy IL
Now that you guys have me hooked on liquid chlorine, I'm looking for a way to drip feed it to my pool. The options I've seen so far are a Stenner pump and some sort of storage vessel for the bleach, the HASA Liquidator, and maybe the Pentair Intellichem if I wanted to pay a fortune.

I like the fact that the liquidator doesn't use any additional electricity, but the reviews scare me a little. Even though it comes with a lifetime warranty, it looks like you can almost expect parts to break and require warranty repair/replacement. And many people apparently take the flow restrictors off, which apparently lets bleach feed into the pump or water line (depending on where you have it hooked up, I guess) when the pump is off.

But the concept of the liquidator makes me wonder, why can't I just do like a pressure washer does with detergent feed tubes? On my pressure washer, I have this:

Power Care Pressure Washer Siphoning Hose-AP31027 - The Home Depot

It is a hose that hooks up to the suction port on the pressure washer pump, the the brass regulator twists to change the rate at which liquid is allowed to be drawn through. Couldn't I do something like this if I could just find a similar regulator that was made of something that wouldn't corrode due to the bleach? Or is a stenner pump just the best option?

Well son of a gun, that sounds perfect. I think a needle valve might do what I need. That basically the way that pressure washer regulator functions, it's just all internal. But with a poly/plastic needle valve to regulate flow, I could just hook up a hose to the suction side of the pump and put the other end in a plastic bucket full of chlorine. Then play around with adjustments so it feeds enough chlorine in daily for the amount of time I plan to run my pump (as little as possible).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.