AA treatment

May 14, 2016
Miami
did the AA treatment Saturday, slowly bringing FC back up, this morning it was 1.5, this evening just a trace. here's the numbers:

FC <0.5
CC 0
Ph 7.8
TA 100
CH 500
CY 50
salt 3,800
water temp at 5pm 88, full sun all day here in Miami.

Question is do I continue to add chlorine slowly?, does the break point have anything to do with the sudden drop? SWG set at 100% and have been slowly adding bleach IAW TFP calculator tool.
The treatment worked great, removed the light dull stain that covered my entire pool. Had happened very slowly and every surface almost the same light yellowish brown color, except some streaking on the sides, didn't realize my finish was actually light blue. I did vacuum some grayish looking fine grit that was in the bottom the morning after the AA was added. Never cloudy. Ideas?
My first post let me know what I left out. C.

I would turn off the swg and use bleach to raise FC 1 ppm every hour or two until you get to min for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart. You want to be able to watch the pool for a bit each time you raise FC to watch for stains. Add more sequestrant to lift the stains if they show up. You need to add enough chlorine to raise FC and to make up for the FC that is consumed by the AA. You need to get it up to min pretty quick and hold it there so you don't get any algae. SLAMing now is not good. Then if all goes well at min and chlorine starts to hold better slowly take it up to target. Same thing, watching for stains.

Wish i would have asked this when it wasn't dark out. lesson learned, looks like my CYA is also a little low. Its up to 1.5 now, hopefully I can get it to at least 4 before midnight. Thanks for the quick reply, could have been a mess in morning.

FC 5, CYA 60-70, ph 7.6. Might be getting a little staining coming back on edge of steps but its hard to tell since I've been obsessing for three days. Added a little sequestering agent, lets see what happens when the sun hits it for a few hours. Pool is bright and clear so far.

definitely mirages...high over cast wasn't helping, full sun now no stains. I just rubbed a vitamin c on the mirage and it did nothing so Im happy. quick strip test shows approx 5 FC, and CYA 60-80. I'll do a full set this afternoon. What do you think about getting the SWG going or would you wait.?

IMG_3434.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3441.jpg
After watching the pool guy dump gallons of Chlorine to solve my "yellow algae" problem, I was drinking and surfing the internet and found you guys. Hey, I'll try vitamin c test. wow, worked on the steps.... how about dropping some in the deepest part.... last is a freshly cleaned pool, no stains anywhere. 15 bucks for Acetic Acid, 20 bucks of magic Jack purple, still have some, six pack of beer, those are gone...My wife will be sad, the pool boy will not be coming back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.