Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AA treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

AA treatment

did the AA treatment Saturday, slowly bringing FC back up, this morning it was 1.5, this evening just a trace. here's the numbers:

FC <0.5
    CC 0
    Ph 7.8
    TA 100
    CH 500
    CY 50
    salt 3,800
    water temp at 5pm 88, full sun all day here in Miami.

Question is do I continue to add chlorine slowly?, does the break point have anything to do with the sudden drop? SWG set at 100% and have been slowly adding bleach IAW TFP calculator tool.
    The treatment worked great, removed the light dull stain that covered my entire pool. Had happened very slowly and every surface almost the same light yellowish brown color, except some streaking on the sides, didn't realize my finish was actually light blue. I did vacuum some grayish looking fine grit that was in the bottom the morning after the AA was added. Never cloudy. Ideas?
    My first post let me know what I left out. C.
    9000 gal, Florida Gem finish, Jandy (2 hp one speed pump, 340CV Cart. filter, SWG), AuquCal Heatwave heater/ chiller, water fall spa, coral stone decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AA treatment

I would turn off the swg and use bleach to raise FC 1 ppm every hour or two until you get to min for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart. You want to be able to watch the pool for a bit each time you raise FC to watch for stains. Add more sequestrant to lift the stains if they show up. You need to add enough chlorine to raise FC and to make up for the FC that is consumed by the AA. You need to get it up to min pretty quick and hold it there so you don't get any algae. SLAMing now is not good. Then if all goes well at min and chlorine starts to hold better slowly take it up to target. Same thing, watching for stains.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Wish i would have asked this when it wasn't dark out. lesson learned, looks like my CYA is also a little low. Its up to 1.5 now, hopefully I can get it to at least 4 before midnight. Thanks for the quick reply, could have been a mess in morning.
    9000 gal, Florida Gem finish, Jandy (2 hp one speed pump, 340CV Cart. filter, SWG), AuquCal Heatwave heater/ chiller, water fall spa, coral stone decking.

4. Back To Top    #4

Let's hope not. The good part about nighttime is no FC consumption by the sun and no sunlight for the algae. So, things are in our favor.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

FC 5, CYA 60-70, ph 7.6. Might be getting a little staining coming back on edge of steps but its hard to tell since I've been obsessing for three days. Added a little sequestering agent, lets see what happens when the sun hits it for a few hours. Pool is bright and clear so far.

6. Back To Top    #6

Good news! Are you seeing stain mirages? LOL! A little more sequestrant won't hurt anything.
    TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

definitely mirages...high over cast wasn't helping, full sun now no stains. I just rubbed a vitamin c on the mirage and it did nothing so Im happy. quick strip test shows approx 5 FC, and CYA 60-80. I'll do a full set this afternoon. What do you think about getting the SWG going or would you wait.?

8. Back To Top    #8

IMG_3434.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3441.jpg
    After watching the pool guy dump gallons of Chlorine to solve my "yellow algae" problem, I was drinking and surfing the internet and found you guys. Hey, I'll try vitamin c test. wow, worked on the steps.... how about dropping some in the deepest part.... last is a freshly cleaned pool, no stains anywhere. 15 bucks for Acetic Acid, 20 bucks of magic Jack purple, still have some, six pack of beer, those are gone...My wife will be sad, the pool boy will not be coming back.

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice! Looks great! I am all for turning kn the SWG, just ramp it up slowly and keep an eye on FC and the pool. Bye bye pool boy ...
    TFP Moderator