Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair vari speed pump with SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue anchor, nj

Pentair vari speed pump with SWG

Hello, I have an intelliflow vari speed pump with built in timer and want to find a way to shut off my SWG when the pump is off, I read in an earlier listing a way to do this with a 220 volt relay model LIRT 220A but the pin outs and schematic seem vague.....can anyone help.....thx Frank.
    Last edited by jblizzle; 05-16-2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Removed email.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pentair vari speed pump with SWG

I am not familiar with that relay, I have heard recommendations for using current sensing relays for this application but I do not know of any specifically.

Here is how my Intelliflo and Intellichlor are hooked up.
    Intelliflo is wired to the breaker for continuous power. It runs on the built in timers.
    Intellichlor is wired to an Intermatic time clock. I set the SWG to run inside the run window of the pump.
    ie, pump runs 8a to 8p and SWG runs 9a to 6p.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: Pentair vari speed pump with SWG

I'm not up on current sensing relays, but the one you list, LIRT 220A, appears to be a normal relay with no current sensing ability.

I'll PM you my e-mail address and if you want you can send me the info you have on the relay and circuit and I'll see what I can do.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.