How long do you leave your robot and it's caddy inside your pool/outside?

Aug 18, 2015
MI
I am a first pool owner and I just bought a dolphin M5. I clean it one day and the next day the bottom has dust and sand at the bottom. It says you can leave it just sitting in the pool and set it to run during the day for at least three days in a row. Do a lot of people tend to do that? I just wonder about it being exposed to the elements here in Michigan. However, I don't like the idea of having to bring out the Caddy hooking it up, putting it in the pool, running it and then puting it away and back in the garage. Does anybody leave ther robot pool cleaner in the pool and if so, for how long? Thanks!

I have three Dolphins. Two old as dirt Diagnostics that I have at rent houses and a new Premier that I have at my house. In the off season, the rent house dolphins basically stay in the pool for a week until I take them out and clean them and put them back in the pool. Half the time I don't even clean them, just turn them back on. I bought both of them used, one about 10 years ago and one about five years ago. I've had to replace tracks and bearings, but never had to open the motor. I did buy another used one for "parts" and its motor was flooded.

The one I have at my house lives out by the pool. It goes swimming every other night or so and stays in until I pull it out the next day for cleaning. When out of the pool, I just set it on its back (Has little feet) next to the pool. This one is only about a year old. It works fine, but if I was going to buy one today it would be the S300 for the larger basket.

I have no idea if this will shorten their lifespan or not, but it has yet to bother the two older units.

Jim R.

I take my Triton Plus out of the pool when it is done, clean the filters and store it in my garage. I also keep the power supply dry and out of the sun. Paid like $1100 for this thing and I want it to last as long as possible. Except for when we get Santa Ana winds, I don't get that much debris in the pool so I run the Triton once a week or so.

I got in the practice of daily cleaning with my old robot. It was a bag-style Maytronics Diagnostic and its performance dropped if the bag had even a small amount of debris in it. With my new s300 the caddy is in a shaded spot, but it's not rainproof. I don't want to risk the power supply spending a night in the rain so it makes more sense for me to replace it in the shed after each use. It takes about a minute to retrieve it from the shed and a minute to put it back, not a big deal.

I clean my pool every couple days or so, more when its windy blowing junk in the pool. I take mine out , clean the filters, and put it back in its storage room every time it gets used. Is an M500 and stupid expensive and like Gary300 above I want it to last a while1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.