Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover cleaners?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover cleaners?

Sorry I haven't searched for this answer yet. I was wondering if there are cheap substitutes for the bottles of Pool Cover Cleaner. For solar covers and/or winter covers -- I am interested in both. Also for Spa Cover Cleaner.
    Inground oval approx 17.5' x 35' (with middle of deep end 9'?) so guessing 27000 gallons. Vinyl liner, BBB chlorine. Dolphin. Portable fullsize spa not currently in use.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover cleaners?

Quote Originally Posted by aquamarine
    Sorry I haven't searched for this answer yet. I was wondering if there are cheap substitutes for the bottles of Pool Cover Cleaner. For solar covers and/or winter covers -- I am interested in both. Also for Spa Cover Cleaner.
    Why not a diluted bleach solution for the solar covers?
    Are you looking for something to kill algae, etc. or a detergent type cleaner?
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck
    Lots of oak trees, maple trees, *and* leaves!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm not sure what I am looking for. I'll try the diluted bleach for the solar cover. And for the black tarp (makeshift winter cover) too? Can it be used on the spa cover too? It is an inflatable vinyl cover.
    Inground oval approx 17.5' x 35' (with middle of deep end 9'?) so guessing 27000 gallons. Vinyl liner, BBB chlorine. Dolphin. Portable fullsize spa not currently in use.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure what I am looking for. I'll try the diluted bleach for the solar cover. And for the black tarp (makeshift winter cover) too? Can it be used on the spa cover too? It is an inflatable vinyl cover.
    Is the inflatable cover porous (cloth like) or solid vinyl?

If it's porous or cloth like I'd use 303's Vinyl cleaner. It's intended for convertible tops (rag-tops) and works!

If it's solid vinyl I'd use a diluted bleach solution for the solar cover, black tarp, and spa cover...
    Better yet, what's wrong with good old water? The price is usually right!
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay, water it is. With a little bit of bleach

Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, water it is. With a little bit of bleach
    diluted bleach
    Triad Region of NC