Need help with possible stains on pebble finish

bfoust

May 16, 2016
Spring, TX
New to forum. Have a one year old pool and see a lot of blotchy look on bottom of pool and edges where wall meets bottom. Not sure whether this is dirt staining or metal staining. I manage the water myself and have never tested positive for metals. I do have small copper scuppers. I did not know to use a metal sequestration product until now. Not sure the pool builder used in the beginning. Just looking for advice where to start to test stains. I notice a product online called Jack's magic stain test. Was thinking about trying that but wanted to learn more from others. Not really sure a one year old pool should have stains already. Thanks for help.

Current stats
Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe (Greyish pebble finish)
pH: 7.4
Total Alkalinity: 100
Hardness: 225
Chlorine: 3-5ppm
CYA: 80
Copper: 0
Iron: 0
TDS: 900
Phosphates: 350
Temperature: 80

BTW - I also add a weekly dose if Natural Chemistry (Pool Perfect + Phosfree) to reduce phospates. I have an Ozone system on my pool as well and notice that when I add the Pool Perfect it gets sucked into the ozone area and distributed on the surface of the pool in bubbles around the return jet. It quickly goes away. it is a brown liquid and I wondered if it had anything to do with the discoloration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.