Ladder cleaning

TCP

Jun 5, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
Going to clean and install my ladder. Will scrub the outside but it's sand filled, maybe 20-30lbs total.
It was sitting outside full of water. Should I pour some chlorine in or am I over thinking.
Current FC=7.2 / CC 0

Successful slam, appears my SWG is working although the LED readout is not. Dealing in the run time and percent now. Thanks greatly for all your help!!!

Actually, I was thinking if you could open the ladder/rungs, that would be best. Not sure how yours is built, but some ladders become absolutely inundated with algae inside. If water can get into or behind something, algae will try to find a home.

TFP has taught me well! I recently bought a plastic ladder from a neighbor who was decommissioning his pool. I knew it would have green water inside, as I could hear and feel it when I moved it. I took a drill bit to it and opened weep holes in all the steps, the sides, the top platform, and the top handles. I was not disappointed, they ALL drained slimy green, almost leafy debris out. I flushed it all with the garden hose, and I will be flushing with a bleach solution before it goes into the pool (if I ever get to open it this year). Has anyone else done similar, and or found a good way to keep the ladder chlorinated inside? I don't really want to go crazy with the drill any more than I already have. I'm considering some sort of "fill" hole near the top so it can run down inside and drain through the weep holes at the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.