Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ladder cleaning

1. Back To Top    #1

Ladder cleaning

Going to clean and install my ladder. Will scrub the outside but it's sand filled, maybe 20-30lbs total.
    It was sitting outside full of water. Should I pour some chlorine in or am I over thinking.
    Current FC=7.2 / CC 0

Successful slam, appears my SWG is working although the LED readout is not. Dealing in the run time and percent now. Thanks greatly for all your help!!!
    14,200 / AG / vinyl /Hayward S108T sand filter/Hayward 1hp sp pump /4 yr old pool / Taylor K-2006c / SWG AquaTrol RJ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ladder cleaning

Actually, I was thinking if you could open the ladder/rungs, that would be best. Not sure how yours is built, but some ladders become absolutely inundated with algae inside. If water can get into or behind something, algae will try to find a home.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Check out the pictures in these threads:
    Problem Found and Ideas needed
    Water problems
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Tool the ladder apart and cleaned each piece. Just 1 1/2" Sq plastic hollow framework. Looking at it again can't be more than 10lb sand total.
    Will just re-assemble, and install and watch.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP has taught me well! I recently bought a plastic ladder from a neighbor who was decommissioning his pool. I knew it would have green water inside, as I could hear and feel it when I moved it. I took a drill bit to it and opened weep holes in all the steps, the sides, the top platform, and the top handles. I was not disappointed, they ALL drained slimy green, almost leafy debris out. I flushed it all with the garden hose, and I will be flushing with a bleach solution before it goes into the pool (if I ever get to open it this year). Has anyone else done similar, and or found a good way to keep the ladder chlorinated inside? I don't really want to go crazy with the drill any more than I already have. I'm considering some sort of "fill" hole near the top so it can run down inside and drain through the weep holes at the bottom.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub