This is my first post ... so please be kind. We recently brought a house that has pool with Solar heating. The setup current setup is as follows,
1) Pool timer drives the filter pump
2) When the filter pump is running, 240V is also supplied to the Solar Controller
3) Solar Controller powers the Booster Pump (0.75 HP)
Note that we do not have a value actuator in our setup. Basically, when the Booster pump is turned-on, it circulates the water to the solar heater.
We had Heliomatic solar controller that has gone bad and I am planning to replace it with GL-235. The main question is on the wiring, since I want to use the 240VAC thats powering the Solar Controller to also power the Booster Pump.
I am attaching the wiring I am considering.
1) Can you please confirm if this works,
2) In this wiring, booster pump always has one of the active lines (120V), Is this OK and safe?