We have had our pool water level drop to just above the bottom of our pool tile for months. We had to turn off our autofill because the water department said we had a leak, and we discovered that our autofill was filling the pool because the water kept dropping. We called in a water leak expert, and they have done the following and still have NOT fixed the leak:
- checked the skimmer (no cracks) and put new epoxy where the tile meets the pool
- checked our autofill (plugged the outlet leading from the pool to the autofill) - still lost water
- turned off all equipment - still lost water
- checked the spa (with all equipment off, the level was normal), when equipment was turned on, the level in the spa was lowered to the same level as the pool (just above the bottom of the tile)
- put epoxy on a small crack on one tile - still lost water
Question: can water be lost through a backwash valve even if the equipment is turned off?
The water level never gets lower than the lowest level of our tile. It's consistent. It's like a low water level has been set for our pool.
Please help !!! Running out of ideas.