Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool toys and games!

1. Back To Top    #1

Anderson, SC

Pool toys and games!

After a long SLAM I now have a beautiful sparkling pool to play in. I have 2 girls ages 5 and 8. Both are very good swimmers after a year of learning last summer. This past weekend was the first time in this year and they were perfectly happy just swimming around. I know that won't last long and they will be "bored" before long. What are some of the best pool toys you all have come across? All I can find in the local sporting goods stores are noodles, cheap floats, and dive rings. Surely there is something better out there. I'm looking into basketball goals for myself so ideas on that would be appreciated as well. Thanks and happy swimming.

IG vinyl liner, 26,000 gallon, Heyward sand filter with 1.5 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Pool toys and games!

Noodles are great. Diving sticks are fun. If you go the basketball or volleyball route, don't go cheap. They won't work and you won't use them. "Go big or go home" on those items. Our kids like the pump water cannons like these or similar simple cylinder style:

Circular tubes are fun for them to play on as well. I've had the best luck with longevity on tubes designed for sliding on the snow in winter or ones designed to be towed behind boats as the rubber is substantially thicker and reinforced.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: Pool toys and games!

The top all time durable favorite, Swimways Toypedo

And for not so durable this style of squishy balls in various sizes
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~