Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Insect treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

Laurel, Mississippi

Insect treatment

I am currently in the building phase of my AGP. I am wanting to put some type of ant/termite treatment and weed/root killer on the ground before I put the sand and liner in. I was hoping someone could tell me of a few products I could use that would be safe for my liner and would do the job. Once the pool is up the perimeter will be treated as well but want to do as much prevention as possible. Thanks!
    24'x52" Wilbar Quest Round AGP
    Hayward CL-200 In Line Chlorinator
    23" Hayward Sand Filter S230T, 1.5HP Matrix Pump
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Insect treatment

I bought 4 ft wide 1/4 thick floor foam for mine, but didnt use chemicals. you could probably put plastic under the foam for more protection.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Insect treatment

Chemicals won't last. Try digging down an inch or two, add landscape fabric and then backfill and compact. The landscape fabric will keep weed and pests from coming up.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates