Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any tricks to removing a tight pool jet return fitting?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any tricks to removing a tight pool jet return fitting?

I have two return jets that need to be adjusted and they are stuck in there pretty good. I was going going to try some channel locks, but I figured I'd ask you guys opinions before I mess them up. I was also thinking about using one of those rubber lid grips that people use in the kitchen. Any tricks to loosen it?
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Any tricks to removing a tight pool jet return fitting?

I would start with one of those rubber grips, then move to channel locks over those rubber grips, it should not take to much pressure to remove just torque
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Auto Oil filter wrench. Its a "rubber" wrench but probably a bit more industrial than the type used to open can lids. Also pretty cheap at most auto parts store.
    18x30 Freeform In-ground Vinyl Lined. 11,500 gallons.
    4 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains.
    Hayward TriStar 1hp 2-Speed Pump. Hayward S244T Filter.Hayward Goldline Panel + SWG.
    Polaris 280 cleaner. AquaComfort 75k BTU Heatpump
    TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Strap wrench. One with a rubber strap works best. Move to channel locks only if you have to. They are much more likely to do damage.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit