Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Original Equipment Aquapure 1400 Purelink Code 170

1. Back To Top    #1

Original Equipment Aquapure 1400 Purelink Code 170

Need some help with the experts on this great site. Pulled a code 170 a couple of weeks back and lost all chlorine generation. Have researched this on the forums and did the recommended electrical testing that I was able to find. Here is what the testing showed:

Transformer Voltage Back Board:
    Test Points 1 & 8: 78.9
    Test Points 2 & 7: 70.2
    Test Points 3 & 6: 20.9

Cell Current & Voltage Back Board
    Test Points 4 & 5: 0 (zero)
    Cell Voltage Test Points (connectors): 10

Voltage Front Board
    Test Points A & C: 20

Cell Current Front Board
    Test Points H & K: 0 (zero)

My assumption is that the transformer is bad but want to be sure before purchasing. Can anyone confirm this and also let me know how hard it is to replace, I am fairly mechanical and above average with electrical so as long as it is not very difficult I should be able to do this myself.

Need help asap, have a July 4 blowout planned and need the pool not green.

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Original Equipment Aquapure 1400 Purelink Code 170

It appears that you might be following the troubleshooting guide. Did you try following the flow chart for error code 170?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the quick reply.

Looks like I need to check the sensor disconnected from the PIB, missed that. Will check and report back, thanks.
    In-Ground SWG lagoon pool 29,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 2.0hp filter pump, 1.5hp waterfall pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Aquapure 1400 Purelink SWG, manual wall cleaner (me).

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

99 out of 100 the sensor needs replacing

5. Back To Top    #5

Make sure you get the latest one and not the older style, it will have an A or B option to set the sensor to.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

I may just get a new sensor and try it, they aren't that expensive and the one I have will eventually give out so won't be out anything if it doesn't work.

Thanks for all the input will search to see who has the new version and good price.
    In-Ground SWG lagoon pool 29,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 2.0hp filter pump, 1.5hp waterfall pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Aquapure 1400 Purelink SWG, manual wall cleaner (me).

7. Back To Top    #7

How do I tell what the new version of the sensor is - would it be B version? Looking online most listings do not designate what version they have. It also looks like there are some sensors with only two metal sensors showing in cap while the one I have has three (which I am replacing).

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you for all the help, just ordered it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Just wanted to post that the new sensor fixed the Code 170 error and everything is back to normal now.

Thanks for all the help, this is a great forum!