DEMAND all pipe ends are kept closed during construction

Captain 776

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2016
Thailand
My pool is 1.5 yrs old now and I have been chasing this problem since day 1 of the main drain line bent partially blocked with dried mud, debris, and tile setters washing out grout.
Today with the use of a plumbers snake, a screwdriver, and taking off the valve header and back flushing it with the garden hose, I may have got the last pieces out.
This pic does not reflect all of the pieces that have come out over the last 1.5 yrs, this is what I got out in the last 2 weeks and the 2 dark colored pieces are what I got out today.
it is very important, at the end of each work day, make sure the workers have covered each open end, especially the main drain pipe, tape is not sufficient, they can slide the pipe cap on without glueing it.........then you will not experience the problem like in this plastic bag.

I just want to point out that pool construction practices in Thailand are probably different from those in the USA. Many US pool builders pressure test the lines pre gunite (some states require it) which requires a closed system.

Unfortunately, my pool was built by a guy who subcontracted his first pool to see how they constructed it, he thought that looks easy and built the next 3 himself, they all have problems. I also had a leak on an electrical conduit to a light, he didn't bother to glue the 1/2" PVC line because he thought it would be above the waterline.
He now prefaces every sentence with.........before I was a pool expert..........he was building houses, that is why he built the pools at each house, he now is a regional office for a pool company here in Thailand, but I don't let him near my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.