Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DEMAND all pipe ends are kept closed during construction

1. Back To Top    #1

DEMAND all pipe ends are kept closed during construction

My pool is 1.5 yrs old now and I have been chasing this problem since day 1 of the main drain line bent partially blocked with dried mud, debris, and tile setters washing out grout.
    Today with the use of a plumbers snake, a screwdriver, and taking off the valve header and back flushing it with the garden hose, I may have got the last pieces out.
    This pic does not reflect all of the pieces that have come out over the last 1.5 yrs, this is what I got out in the last 2 weeks and the 2 dark colored pieces are what I got out today.
    it is very important, at the end of each work day, make sure the workers have covered each open end, especially the main drain pipe, tape is not sufficient, they can slide the pipe cap on without glueing it.........then you will not experience the problem like in this plastic bag.

8M x 4M X 2M no slope IG CONCRETE w/ceramic glass tile
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    T-750 filter w/ glass media
    1 main drain sump -3 returns - 1 skimmer
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DEMAND all pipe ends are kept closed during construction

Wow. I hope you're done with the problems now too. Hard to imagine all that in there.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I just want to point out that pool construction practices in Thailand are probably different from those in the USA. Many US pool builders pressure test the lines pre gunite (some states require it) which requires a closed system.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Unfortunately, my pool was built by a guy who subcontracted his first pool to see how they constructed it, he thought that looks easy and built the next 3 himself, they all have problems. I also had a leak on an electrical conduit to a light, he didn't bother to glue the 1/2" PVC line because he thought it would be above the waterline.
    He now prefaces every sentence with.........before I was a pool expert..........he was building houses, that is why he built the pools at each house, he now is a regional office for a pool company here in Thailand, but I don't let him near my pool.
    8M x 4M X 2M no slope IG CONCRETE w/ceramic glass tile
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    T-750 filter w/ glass media
    1 main drain sump -3 returns - 1 skimmer
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Lessons learned for sure and thanks for passing them on to others!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit