Spindle replacement for A.O. Smith motor

dducic

Apr 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,

I have an A.O. Smith motor, model K48N2N104 (specs below), and I need to replace the spindle portion of my unit (spindle, fan, bearings, squirrel cage). Everything else on the motor is working great but the spindle is a bit warped so there's vibration. Does anyone have suggestions where I can find motor parts (new or rebuilt), rather than purchasing an entirely new motor unit?

Thanks for your help!
~David

A.O. Smith K48N2N104
2HP, 230V, Max load 10 amps, Single Speed, Round Flange, RPM 3450, Threaded shaft, Frame 56J, Type UAK, Code H

Honestly there is very little reason to replace the armature on a motor that size and not just replace the whole thing. A complete motor is only about $250. By the time you found the parts if you can even find them you would likely be over well half the cost of a new motor in parts alone. I'd be concerned as to how the armature of the motor got bent and what else was damaged when that happened. Motor shafts don't just bend from being used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.