Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help replacing jandy 2444 actuator

1. Back To Top    #1

Help replacing jandy 2444 actuator

I've been reading over the jandy manual for 2 hours and am having trouble understanding something.

https://www.poolzoom.com/index.php/f...382560673.pdf/

It says:

1) the smallest slot on the output shaft is directly above the valve diverter
    2) upper cam stops counter clockwise position
    3) bottom cam stops clockwise position

I understand steps 2 & 3.

What do they mean by step 1??

Ed

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help replacing jandy 2444 actuator

If I recall correctly there are 4 slots around the shaft of the Jandy valve. One of them is thinner than the other three and that one is where the OFF tab points.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

So I simply need to turn it so the small slot points where it should be off before setting the cams? How do I turn it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Physically rotate the actuator until it drops down on the valve and then set the cams.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach