Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi,

I just had an IntelliChem installed with a IntellipH and I'm just wondering if there are any best practices recommended regarding what to do with the lines that the acid runs through. Ideally, I'd like to zip-tie them with the other equipment lines. Am I correct that, over time, the lines will deteriorate? If yes, what do people do to avoid damage to other components when that happens? Just proactively change out the lines before there are any issues? If yes, how often? Or are there other recommendations with what to do regarding the lines?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I plan on swapping out the acid line after the Stenner pump once a year, when I do the Stenner tube out of an abundance of caution (I am sure it's not needed but I am just like that with some thing). As Dave said the acid it's self is not a concern, I am thinning more about the UV exposure and to a much lesser degree pressure. If the line after the pump breaks that could be an issue because I could be pumping acid on my equipment and pad. The suction side I will leave longer if it breaks no big deal I will just loose prime but should not cause much of a spill if any. Chlorine I plan on letting go until it looks bad or breaks.

If you are super concerned about it you could always get a second larger tube to cover as much of the pressure side line as you can and put a T or whole in it at the lowest point with a catch basin below.

I plan on swapping out the acid line after the Stenner pump once a year, when I do the Stenner tube out of an abundance of caution (I am sure it's not needed but I am just like that with some thing). As Dave said the acid it's self is not a concern, I am thinning more about the UV exposure and to a much lesser degree pressure. If the line after the pump breaks that could be an issue because I could be pumping acid on my equipment and pad. The suction side I will leave longer if it breaks no big deal I will just loose prime but should not cause much of a spill if any. Chlorine I plan on letting go until it looks bad or breaks.

If you are super concerned about it you could always get a second larger tube to cover as much of the pressure side line as you can and put a T or whole in it at the lowest point with a catch basin below.

Thanks for the info! I like the idea of the lager tube with a drain...have to think it over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.