Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC doesn't want to come down

1. Back To Top    #1

Dayton, Ohio

FC doesn't want to come down

My FC was 12-13 even with SWG on 20% and running pump on 1000rpm. I've left SWG off for 2 days and FC is 10 today. I added 80 oz CYA to shoot for around 60 ppm before going up to 70-80 because I got 30-40 ppm testing and don't want to overshoot. 2/3 of CYA has dissolved in skimmer.

I haven't gotten impression that FC stays high for this long, but pool has not been used because of weather, cold and rain lately, pool is 66 degrees and no one is swimming. Solar cover is on as well, not that there is much sun lately. I assume I can test every day or two until FC is in range, but does this all sound completely normal? I'm a little paranoid here.

26,000g IG, Fiberglass side/Concrete bottom, epoxy paint, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair Cartridge Filter 420, Pentair Intelliflow 3 HP VS pump, Pentair 120 Heat Pump, pool installed 11/2015, painted and equipment installed 4/2016. City Water.

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

Re: FC doesn't want to come down

With the temperature relatively cold, and lack of use, it's normal for the FC to stay higher.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: FC doesn't want to come down

Yep, completely normal. All good. Except the lack of !!!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach