Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Four day vacation

1. Back To Top    #1

Four day vacation

Hi Will be gone for 4 days. There is someone home to put in chemicals if need be but he wont be testing the water. I leave tomorrow. I just tested and current numbers are FC 4.5, CC .5, PH 7.7, TA 160, CYA 55. I am going to add 3.7 oz of bleach and 3 oz dry acid tonight. I usually have to add about 20 oz of bleach every other day as well as small amt of either dry acid or borax. But while I'm gone, I was thinking of having him add only 16 oz of bleach every other day til I get home, to be conservative and hopefully keep everything stable enough til I get home. The weather here will be 60s during day and 40s at night while I'm gone. Thanks for any suggestions you might have for me.
    Intex easy set vinyl pool 15 foot round 48 inch depth.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Four day vacation

Vacation tips and tricks

There's' some ideas.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey, that is a handy link. I would raise FC to shock level and lower PH to 7.2 and not let anyone touch your sparkly pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you that was a handy link. I just plugged in the shock level number and PH of 7.2 into poolmath and now I will make the additions of bleach and dry acid to shock the pool til I come home Thursday. Thanks so much everyone. Don't know what I'd do without this site!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I'll leave the filter running non-stop (cheapo that came with intex pop up pool) and a cover on the pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am back from 4 day vacation. I had added enough bleach before I left to bring my FC up to shock level, hoping for a level of 22ppm based on my CYA level being 55. I tested today now that I am back from vacation and my numbers are: FC 25, CC 0, PH 7.4 but I know it's inaccurate due to high FC, TA 150 reagent turned it yellow due to high FC, CYA 55. I realize that I need my FC to drop to at least 25ppm. The next 3 days will be sunny so hopefully that will help. But I put my numbers in Poolmath and it recommends no chemical additions, however it does recommend replacing 27% of water. CYA of 55ppm is not terribly high so I thought I'd run that past someone before I actually replace 27% of water.

My pool temp is 65 degrees. I'm in Chicago suburb and expect next 3 days to be 75-80 degrees and sunny!

6. Back To Top    #6

You can leave it at 55.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Phew! Thanks!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep, you're numbers are fine. As soon as FC gets to 10 test PH.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach