Short Term Auto Feed

dlaslo

May 30, 2015
Venice, FL
I would like to set up a temporary setup. Maybe a 5 - 10 gallon plastic container for clorox and a small peristaltic pump for feeding it

Every summer we go on vacation for anywhere from 2- 4 weeks and in the past I've used the neighbor and pucks. My neighbor for some reason started fiddling with the electric timer and I got back and he left the box door open. Argh..no more neighbor this year.

Any suggestions??

With the effort and cost to try to make something temporary, why not just make it permanent?

Either go with a SWG system or the peristaltic pump setup. I just can not see the temp solution being that much cheaper than a full-time solution.

When I bought the pool, the salesman insisted the pool would work with SWG - but a not so careful read of the warranty after purchase said - No Salt! or warranty is gone. But, maybe I'll look at that again. What could go wrong?

There was a thread awhile back and the guy had a 5 gallon bucket and put a drip system dripper ( maybe multiple drippers ) on the bottom of the bucket ( full of bleach ). He sat it next to pool with a dripper hose going into the water. This way he was getting a small dose throughout the day while on vacation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.