Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SW Pool opening/green/no vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1
    Birmingham, AL

SW Pool opening/green/no vacuum

All winter my pool was uncovered and stayed clear without the pumps. The moment I turned my pump & SWG on its turned GREEN & cloudy! I need recommendations on what to do.. The threads about "slamming" are they ok to do with a SW pool? The pumps seem to be working fine. I don't have a pool vacuum, the intex pool I have doesn't have availability to hook up a vacuum to the "skimmer/pump". Im gonna take a sample to the pool store to get it checked but what are the best websites to buy pool chemicals safe for SW pools??
    I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and drain it and start all over. Help!
    Pool owner since July 3, 2015
    AG Intex 16x48" Ultra Frame with filter pump
    5,061 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Saltwater pool opening / algae

We do not trust pool store testing, so I would not even waste my time with that.

You need one of the Recommended Test Kits and then to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process ... the process is the same whether it is a SW pool or not.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!