Unground pool, two skimmers... one seems clogged

Pkasin

May 20, 2014
New Hampshire
I just moved to a new home and have a 30+ year old unground pool. Although the pump, filter, and salt water chlorinator are new, the pool and plumbing are not. One skimmer seems to get extraordinary amounts of suction, while the other one seems to barely have any at all. I realize that some setups are like this, as the water will take the path of least resistance, however in my case, I think it is a problem of a clog in the skimmer.

I intentionally blocked the suction of the working skimmer suction side hoping I'd see the other skimmer suction jump up... but this did not happen... nothing did.

I am wondering if I were to turn off the pump and close the valve to the pump (at the pump, that is), and use a hose-drain unclogger (rubber bladder that expands and then pressurizes the sealed pipe with water), if this might push whatever is in the blocked skimmer up and out by creating a pressure from underneath the suction side of the skimmer. Does this sound reasonable, or am I misunderstanding the skimmer hook up?

I understand I can pay my pool dealer to come and use CO2, but I am hoping that this idea makes sense. Any input is appreciated.:confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.