how and how strong should pump run?

Water looks great, chemistry is very good, no bromides - yet. But I've no idea how long to run the pump. Right now it's on from 7:30AM to 11AM @ 48.6% and from 11AM tp 5PM @ 70.7%.

These are the settings the pool people set up. I have no idea whether it is too long or too short.

I run the SWG at 10% and have plenty of FC and no CC.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Rob

I think that depends a lot on your pool, returns, skimmers, geography, etc. The PB set mine up to run at 2400 RPM (that's about 70%) for 10 hours a day. I started reducing the flow each week by 100 rpm, and eventually ended up with poor skimmer action at 1500 rpm (43%). My problem is that the prevailing winds blow to the west, but that end of the pool has an elevated wall due to the grade of my yard. So the skimmer could not be placed there without a lot of trouble. Hence, my skimmer placement is not optimal. After some fiddling, I think 1900 rpm works best for me.

We live on a saltwater canal running north-south. Prevailing winds depend on season, strongest from the north. I have no idea what the RPM of the motor is, the setting of the pump is in percentages. We have a very open back yard, a couple palm trees, the house, and the canal, so we get little very debris in the pool.
mas985 suggested less than 4 hours of run time, so I'm going to try that for a while and see what happens. Since we have a SWCG, the chlorine generated is dependent on both pump speed and run time.

Thanks for you help.

Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.