Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Design & build a pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

Design & build a pool cover

Hello to all,

Looking to design and build a cover for pool equipment. Here are the spec's.

Cover dimensions = 13' L [from left to right] x 4' ft W [from wall outward]. The equip pad is 12'x 3' 6" the dimensions above considers overhang. The main goal to keep the sun off and the majority of direct rain.

I have to be able to remove the top of the cartridge system [3.5ft tall] and take out the cartridges [3.5 ft/2 + 3 ft] = 4' 3". I am 6' 3", so I was thinking attach to the wall at 6'6", then a 2" slope over 4' to end at 6'4".

The wall is stucco/2 stories high and it's not necessary it be water tight at the wall where the cover would attach; meaning water can leak down the stucco wall. If fact, that would help the foundation anyway.

this whole area is contained by fencing w a river rock all over the ground, except for the concrete equip pad.

Pls let me know what you think and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback,
    15K gal 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' Spa, tanning shelf, IG, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine Coping/Decking, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, Aqua-Logic PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, Covered SummerKitchen, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Design & build a pool cover

sounds like you got a project going there Pictures are needed
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Design & build a pool cover

Yes, please provide pics! We'll be doing something similar soon and would love to see how yours goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools