Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Hazard Ky.

Cloudy Water

I have managed to keep my pool clear for many years however now that I'm having issues I realize I don't know very much about the chemistry of clear water. Number one I have test strips but my new testing kit should arrive tomorrow. I used floc and let the pool rest for 48 hours. The floc did not work, is it safe to now use my filter while trying to get to the bottom of the issue. I'm still trying to get my signature on the forum.
    In ground 16x32
    Vinyl pool liner
    Hayward S22OT filter
    Hardness 250
    Total chlorine 3
    Free chlorine 1
    PH 7.5
    Total alkalinity 100
    Stabilizer 40

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Cloudy Water

Welcome to TFP!

Did you vacuum to waste after using the floc? The theory of floc is that it binds to the stuff in the water and falls to the bottom where you can vacuum it out.

If you have vacuumed, yes turn the filter on. If not yu want to vacuum first.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon