Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mystery filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Mystery filter

Can you help me identify my filter? I think it's a Haywar Swimclear Multielement DE Filter but I can't find the model number. I'm going to attempt to take it apart, clean it and refill it with DE next weekend but I have no idea what the optimal specs are for the DE. I really need to figure out what it is before I tackle this. Can you give me any suggestions on where to look for the information?

23,600 gallons, IG, Vinyl, Direct Sun, Hayward SwimClear Multielement DE Filter, Pump, TF-100,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mystery filter

Page 4 of the manuals gives some dimensions. Between dimensions and the parts exploded views you ought to be able to identify it. http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...Cxx30-revB.pdf
    http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...xx25-C7000.pdf
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it possible for a filter to be both a cartridge and a DE? After some searching, I found both a Swimclear manual and a profilter DE manual that the previous owners left. Looking at the filter and the specs it has a multiflow gauge, which wouldn't be necessary for a cartridge filter and doesn't perfectly match either the swimclear or the profilter pictures or specs.
    23,600 gallons, IG, Vinyl, Direct Sun, Hayward SwimClear Multielement DE Filter, Pump, TF-100,

4. Back To Top    #4

It looks like you may just have to open up that filter to see what the inside looks like.

You are correct; a cartridge filter doesn't need a multiport. Here's a DE filter that looks like it uses the same shell. Open it up and see if it's grids or cartridges. http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...rid-DExx20.pdf
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!