Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG start up.

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG start up.

Been following this site since I had my pool replastered 5 wks ago. The past 5 wks I've been treating my pool the TFP way and using the pool pal app with TFP configuration, my balance has been great and the last week I've started increasing CYA, I'm currently at 60ppm.
    I added salt Friday and Saturday my Aqualite is reading salt as 3100. I have t-15 cell and 10000 gallon pool. Checked my FC this morning and it's 8ppm, filter and SWG have been running 2hrs.
    What is good starting point for production %,immediately currently at 50%. What should be my target ranges, currently

FC 8
    PH 7.4
    TA 90
    CYA 60
    CH 330

Great site, my water has never sparkled so much. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG start up.

Those numbers look pretty good. Here is a great summary of Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs Set your chlorine level based on CYA and the Chlorine CYA Chart, always keep it at target and don't let it drop below minimum. Use bleach to supplement if FC drops during heavy use of the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

being in TX i would kick your CYA up to 80, it will help you SWG ahead of your FC usage...

AT CYA of 80 your target FC will be 6, I like mine at 7 but it is up to you Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

What percentage are you guys running the cell at? I have my filter running from 7.30am to 6pm. I know the t-15 is good for upto 40000, my pool is 10000 so maybe I should run at 30% and check pool when filter turns off

5. Back To Top    #5

You want to test your FC right before your pump turns back on. That would be the lowest level. Staying above the minimum FC for your cya level is the most important.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!