Backwash Hose

timlab

Jul 11, 2015
Aiken SC
Just wondering about something about the backwash hose. I have an Intex Pump (Model SF60110 (3,000 GPM)) and it doesn't say nor does it say that after backwashing I should replace the hose with the end cap. Yesterday after backwashing the pump, I keep my hose attached to the pump. Can I just leave it attached?

Another question about the pump not about the hose. Amazon claims that this is a 3,000 GPM pump. But according to the manual it states under Maximum Flow Rate: that it's 9,275 LPH (2,460 GPH). On another page it states (for this pump) that For one cycle it will take 4 hours. What is 1 cycle?

Thanks

Just wondering about something about the backwash hose. I have an Intex Pump (Model SF60110 (3,000 GPM)) and it doesn't say nor does it say that after backwashing I should replace the hose with the end cap. Yesterday after backwashing the pump, I keep my hose attached to the pump. Can I just leave it attached?
Yes. However... the hose may be an attractive nuisance if there's children about. Also, backwash hoses are notoriously flimsy and like to pop and spew filthy water in the worst places. I'd be afraid of UV deterioration on the hose if it's left sitting out. But so far as functioning, there's no reason it has to be disconnected and capped.

Another question about the pump not about the hose. Amazon claims that this is a 3,000 GPM pump. But according to the manual it states under Maximum Flow Rate: that it's 9,275 LPH (2,460 GPH). On another page it states (for this pump) that For one cycle it will take 4 hours. What is 1 cycle?

Thanks
Who knows what they mean? I imagine it's like horsepower ratings where they sometimes test it on a dyno completely stripped and sometimes with all the accessories installed and then when you actually measure what is at the tires where they meet the ground it's something totally different. A cycle is probably how long it takes to pump a volume of water equivalent to the volume of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.