Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex sand filter timer constantly runs

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex sand filter timer constantly runs

Just hooked up my Intex 2650 sand filter pump to my pool, but 1 thing noticed is if I have in timer mode, the pump keeps running even after the set time.
    I've tried resetting the pump, but no help. So I 'm wondering if the board is N/G.

It looks as if I will modify my set up anyway, because I don't like the fact that the GFI plug trips in the event of a power outage, so I will probably cut the cord, put on a regular plug, and put on a GFI outlet that is controlled by a timer in my house.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex sand filter timer constantly runs

That's what I did. It gives you more flexibility, as you can set the timer to run the pump multiple times per day, versus just once with the built in timer.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

Stupid question most likely, but you flip the switch the correct way? Mine goes 2 ways, one is for the timer, the other for full run.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    Stupid question most likely, but you flip the switch the correct way? Mine goes 2 ways, one is for the timer, the other for full run.
    That's exactly what it was, I had mine to the on position, not timer. Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

, easy enough boo boo
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.