Flyer in the mail today...

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
Local pool boy wants to earn my business.
Spring Opening...
pump off rain water from cover
brush off winter cover
remove winter cover
fill pool to proper level
put pump and filter together
first vacuume
add chemicals

All for the everyday low price of $225.00

I did all that myself thanks to what I have learned here for less than $25.00 Thanks TFP and Pool Mom...If not for all of the advice I get, I would be paying some slouch $225.00 to do something I did on a Saturday and had fun doing it!!!

My personal opinion is to write that $200 check to PoolMom! (the $225 minus the $25 you spent!) :whip: You could not have done it without her! (at least this year!)

I am sure she will split it with the other mods! :mrgreen:

frustratedpoolmom said:
I like that suggestion! Except for the part about sharing it.
Never mind writhing her the check, on reflection I realized all she did was insult you and the rest of us are the ones that helped you! :handwave: 8) :lol:

Hey Beave :wave:

Keep most of that money saved in your pocket, you earned it by coming here and learning how to properly care for your pool yourself! :goodjob: However, I would suggest spending $30 of it to support this site which has saved you that money link :wink: 8)

See you down in the VIP lounge :-D

frustratedpoolmom said:
I like that suggestion! Except for the part about sharing it.

Tis okay Beave, you can buy me some UV Blue for camping :goodjob: :mrgreen:

Way ahead of you there mom...Got the big bottle...Made up a new one...Pink Lemonade, cranberry juice and the Rasberry (blue) UV Vodka...It tasted just like the wild cherry jolly rancher candy...I loved those when I was a kid...that and the water mellon. MmmmmmMmmmm boy was the drink good...Had two infact...Vodka Logic no doubt!

waste said:
Hey Beave :wave:

Keep most of that money saved in your pocket, you earned it by coming here and learning how to properly care for your pool yourself! :goodjob: However, I would suggest spending $30 of it to support this site which has saved you that money link :wink: 8)

See you down in the VIP lounge :-D

Sounds like a good suggestion...Anyone I meet who owns a pool or is even thinking about buying one I send here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think the ONLY advantage to having a service company do an "opening", is to those owners who are unable to remove the winter cover without spilling the season's cover-top garbage into the pool. While $225 is a bit high for my market, it is one of those situations where you would pay someone because you did not want to spend the time doing it yourself.

Otherwise, the great advice and experience on this forum should indeed put that $200 into something else, like a steak dinner for us all! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.