New pool owner : no pressure on my sand filter

Bxclip

May 14, 2016
Ny
Today I had my pool opened by the person who installed it. I purchased the house from a. Friend who gave me his number. Everything was working fine until I went to check the pressure at
10pm and it was at 0.

The pump looks like it's trying to push water to former but doesn't make it in.

Skimmer is cleaner and not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

Should I take sand filter apart ?

No, don't take the filter apart. If the filter was clogged, pressure would be high, not low. The problem is at the pump or before the pump.

When you say it looks like it's trying to push water, does that mean you see water sloshing around in the pump strainer basket?

The skimmer basket is clean. How deep is the water in the skimmer? If it's too low, a vortex (whirlpool) can form and you'll just suck air instead of water. A sticking skimmer weir (flapper) can cause the same symptom.

How about the pump basket? Is it clean? Did you open it at any point prior to the problem? Maybe it's not sealed up airtight now.

Is water flowing in the skimmer and out the returns? Could just be the gauge died. If water's moving, try snapping the face of the gauge with your finger.

Guys thanks for your input. What I did was fill the pimp basket to the top with water and this fixed the issue. Then found the gasket on the pumps cap was bad,now we're good.

Rookie mistake, I'll be asking slot
of questions this month

Yea, what I did is add more water to my pool and it's been fine since. I raised it above what the pool guy told me to as per the previous owners instructions.

Went to to turn in the heater and guess what? It needs to be services! Ha never ends

thanks for your help. Reading on this site helped with me using my chemicals

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.