Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OCLT

1. Back To Top    #1

OCLT

Should I leave the filter on overnight while doing the OCLT? The SWG is off.
    19,000 gallons, Well Water
    Stay-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter
    IG vinyl, MasterTemp 400 Propane heater
    Intellichlor 40 SWG, 2006 Taylor Test Kit with Speed Stirrer
    1.5 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: OCLT

yes, you are correct.. leave it on 24/7 until you pass the OCLT

Almost there
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    yes, you are correct.. leave it on 24/7 until you pass the OCLT
    Are you refering to leaving the pump on while in a SLAM and doing an OCLT or are you saying leave the pump on when you just do an OCLT? The reason I ask is it doesn't say anything about leaving the pump on when doing an OCLT here and the OP doesn't say whether or not they are in a SLAM. Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)
    16k AG Vinyl Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

The OCLT is usually done to see if a SLaM is complete. Since the pump should be on 24/7 during the SLaM, it remains on during the OCLT.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

What if a SLAM has not been started and you are just trying to see if one is required. ??? Don't run your system as normal until its determined weather or not as SLAM is required?
    Then run pump 24/7 during the SLAM process?
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

6. Back To Top    #6

Yea that's what I was talking about, just doing an OCLT to see if a SLAM is needed. It doesn't say to run the pump to do an OCLT. You do run the pump during a SLAM which will eventually include an OCLT, but do you run the pump during a regular OCLT?
    16k AG Vinyl Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

If not doing an OCLT as part of a SLAM I would just ensure that the pump was running at least half an hour before testing in the morning.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

8. Back To Top    #8

Whenever an OCLT is being performed the pump should be running 24/7 so all variables are taken into account.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

9. Back To Top    #9

I would run the pump for the duration of the OCLT test, low speed if you have it!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons