Stenner Pump & Chlorine Tank in the same box?

FlyAU98

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
A friend in the car wash business grabbed a 30 gallon tank for me...it fits perfectly inside a rubbermaid-type dock box that has been sitting next to my pump pad. I kept some acid and few random junk pieces of pool things in it before. Its cleaned out and ready to protect my chlorine from the sun...

1) Can/should I put the stenner pump inside the box to protect it from the elements? I bought the cover for it...but if I can mount it "inside" and out of the sun and rain, that would be better. I'm concerned that maybe fumes from the chlorine could degrade it (like the acid does to metal stuff stored near it)...

2) How effective is the included check-valve in the 100-psi setup? I installed the check-valve only to make sure I had the right size connection pre-plumed into the return piping. I decided to turn the pump on to see what happened. Once the air cleared from lines, a very thin, low pressure (but shot up about 5 feet in the air) stream out water came out of it...

I would hesitate to put it in the box. It's built to be outside mine does fine outside. There will be chlorine fumes and though this is a chemical pump I like mine away from chemical fumes

Check valve has worked fine for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.