Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pump & Chlorine Tank in the same box?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pump & Chlorine Tank in the same box?

A friend in the car wash business grabbed a 30 gallon tank for me...it fits perfectly inside a rubbermaid-type dock box that has been sitting next to my pump pad. I kept some acid and few random junk pieces of pool things in it before. Its cleaned out and ready to protect my chlorine from the sun...

1) Can/should I put the stenner pump inside the box to protect it from the elements? I bought the cover for it...but if I can mount it "inside" and out of the sun and rain, that would be better. I'm concerned that maybe fumes from the chlorine could degrade it (like the acid does to metal stuff stored near it)...

2) How effective is the included check-valve in the 100-psi setup? I installed the check-valve only to make sure I had the right size connection pre-plumed into the return piping. I decided to turn the pump on to see what happened. Once the air cleared from lines, a very thin, low pressure (but shot up about 5 feet in the air) stream out water came out of it...
    15.5K gal, concrete, 1HP AO Smith pump, Hayward C1200 cartridge filter, Zodiac T5 Duo auto cleaner, 8 panel solar heater controlled by Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pump & Chlorine Tank in the same box?

I would hesitate to put it in the box. It's built to be outside mine does fine outside. There will be chlorine fumes and though this is a chemical pump I like mine away from chemical fumes

Check valve has worked fine for me.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stenner Pump & Chlorine Tank in the same box?

The little rubber plug (that looks like a 'x' on one side) in the check valve was in backwards...proved itself once hooked up and the hose kept blowing out of the pump.

Everything seems to be working...pump mounted outside and above the box.
    15.5K gal, concrete, 1HP AO Smith pump, Hayward C1200 cartridge filter, Zodiac T5 Duo auto cleaner, 8 panel solar heater controlled by Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235