What did Jason mean?

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
Jason Lion wrote this sometime back:
"Borates won't reduce the total amount of acid you need to use but they will dramatically reduce the frequency of acid additions".

Unfortunately, I went to public schools and don't understand that sentence.........

Borates stabilize pH rise hence the reduced frequency of adjustment. Borates stabilize pH, making it resistant to change so greater volumes of acid are needed to effect the same change as water without borates. Not as often but larger quantities when you do. Ten taps with a 2 lb hammer or one whack with a twenty pound sledge?

Borates stabilize pH rise hence the reduced frequency of adjustment. Borates stabilize pH, making it resistant to change so greater volumes of acid are needed to effect the same change as water without borates. Not as often but larger quantities when you do. Ten taps with a 2 lb hammer or one whack with a twenty pound sledge?

I was as mystified as the OP, but your answer makes it as clear as my water. Very nice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.