Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy from the Atlanta area

1. Back To Top    #1

Howdy from the Atlanta area

Howdy,
    My wife and i are about to close on our house. This will be our first with a pool. It is a freeform ~20,000 gallon pool, gunite, about 20 years old and well maintained. I have always loved water, loved pools, and an engineer by trade so I am looking to take care of the pool myself. After way too much time roaming the internet, i finally stumbled across TFP and I like what i see. it makes sense, everyone seems active, and everyone is NOT just trying to sell each other on the newest salt water, ozone, or whatever else the flavor of the month is... Growing up i was always around chlorine pools and it seemed that those that knew what they were doing could have great pools that were low maintenance and that is what this forum seems all about!

I look forward to learning the TFP way and hopefully not screwing things up where i need a lot of assistance.

--BC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Howdy from the Atlanta area

Great time to go ahead get one of our recommended test kits. Study up in Pool School and get ahead of the curve. Summer Is Here!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I totally agree and that is at the top of the to-do list We don't close on the house for another 3 weeks, and i am due to meet the seller sometime soon so he can take me through how he has maintained the pool. I am sure it will be informative, though i plan to be ready to go with a new test kit by the time the house is officially ours.
    BC - 22k gunite freeform pool, DE filter, dual pumps.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter