Any advise for a new member who is seeing phosphate levels of 1700+ Should this be treated? Dont know where this is coming from as pool kept auto-covered, free of leaves and debris, and vaccuumed regularly and hose water tests phosphate free. For the last two spring opennings had very high ammonia which I treated with liquid bleach (twenty gals) in order to get chlorine reading and get ammonia out. Then drained off 20 percent and refilled. Pool water is crystal clear, testing perfect except for phosphates. Worried that in hot summer months or when I am on vacation if chlorine would drop, algae would occur. Never had algae problem in previous yrs, but dont think I ever had this hi phosphates... so should I try Phosfree or not worry?