leak from pump filter basket lid

Aug 12, 2015
Teutpolis, IL
We noticed our pump basket/filter is leaking from the lid when the pump is not running. If the pump is running there is no leak. The lid is on tight. This thing fits so tight I can't ever remove it and my husband has a hard time removing it when he tries..... so it doesn't get emptied/opened much. There doesn't appear to any cracks in the lid. Any ideas on why it would be leaking or how to fix?
of course it is hard to mess with since water continuously is running into it to get a good look. The area around my pool is currently a mud pit so we have the pump running 24x7 to avoid adding to the mess. If it wasn't for the mud due to too much rain I would let it leak since the pool is full and we keep getting rain but I don't want the leak all summer.
Not a huge leak but definitely can tell it is leaking from where lid and container meet but only when pump is off.

Thanks so much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.