Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabilizer

1. Back To Top    #1

Stabilizer

I am using a granular stabilizer this year for the first time, and from what I been reading around here it is supposed to go into the skimmer. Of course put it into a sock first, and then the skimmer basket.
    My questions is: Since going into the skimmer, it goes into the sand filter. Will that not remove some of the stabilizer?
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Stabilizer

if it is in the sock, no.. you can knead the sock and it will dissolve much faster, once completely dissolved you can test 24 hours later
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by DarrelB View Post
    I am using a granular stabilizer this year for the first time, and from what I been reading around here it is supposed to go into the skimmer. Of course put it into a sock first, and then the skimmer basket.
    My questions is: Since going into the skimmer, it goes into the sand filter. Will that not remove some of the stabilizer?
    No, because it will be dissolved the same as Calcium and Chlorine and Baking Soda. And if some minute particles do slip out and settle on the sand, they're so small they'll dissolve quickly with all the water flowing past. You'll only have a major problem if you pour the stuff in the skimmer and then need to backwash before it's all dissolved.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ah, okay. Thanks.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.