Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not receiving notifications of responses to my threads... help

1. Back To Top    #1

Not receiving notifications of responses to my threads... help

Morning TFPers!
    For some reason, I am not receiving notifications of responses to my threads, and this is despite having the appropriate selections in my Settings to receive instant notification by email. Perhaps there is something I have overlooked, or I need to select this for each response/thread I post. Can anyone help plz?

Tx
    19k gal IG plaster, built '70s, probably resurfaced in '80s-'90s; Blue Haven Hayward filter C4520BHMB (Filbur FC-1275 cartridges); Hayward MaxFlo sp2302 VSP 1.5hp; 6 solar panels 288. sq. ft. total (142"x47.5" ea.) on 1 story hm; Pentair Compool LX220 Solar Controller; FlowVis flow meter; Maytronics Dolphin S200; AG 300 gal AquaTerra spa; TF-100 & Speedstir; gone: Pentair Challenger 3/4 HP 1 speed; Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not receiving notifications of responses to my threads... help

Have you "subscribed" to those threads?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Woodyp, am I supposed to subscribe to my own threads that I start? I did not think I needed to do that, but rather thought that was automatic since it was a thread that I started.

As for subscribing to the threads for individual posts/topics I respond to, I do do that so that I can bookmark that thread in essence.
    19k gal IG plaster, built '70s, probably resurfaced in '80s-'90s; Blue Haven Hayward filter C4520BHMB (Filbur FC-1275 cartridges); Hayward MaxFlo sp2302 VSP 1.5hp; 6 solar panels 288. sq. ft. total (142"x47.5" ea.) on 1 story hm; Pentair Compool LX220 Solar Controller; FlowVis flow meter; Maytronics Dolphin S200; AG 300 gal AquaTerra spa; TF-100 & Speedstir; gone: Pentair Challenger 3/4 HP 1 speed; Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Okay, forgot there was a subscription page to select options. I went to all threads for all my folders and was able to chose to select instant notification by email for some of the threads that were at "None" for notification type. As for why they were at "None" for notification type in the first place, that is another mystery.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

There is a setting under 'settings' that turns on automatic subscription. It's about halfway down on the left side. Under 'General Settings'
    I think it's not on by default. I know mine wasn't.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir