New to this system

RD56

May 13, 2016
Kilgore,TX
Hello, my pool was a swamp. Did everything the pool store said to do with results. Found this site and did a partial drain and refilled. I have added 2 gals of bleach and 1 gal of muratic acid. As of this morning my readings are: Fc- o. Ph- 7.2,Cya-0,Ta-240, Th-100. Please advise what I need to do. Trying to get the #'s right before I turn on the generator. Mt pool math my capacity is 15700.

Ah. Ok well sorry the strips are worthless. ESPECIALLY for CYA readings. We really need to get an accurate read.

With No CYA you will lose all your chlorine to sunlight. You can safely put in one-half a jug now, one-half tonight after sunset. Can you get the HTH 6 way DROP test? You don't need the muratic acid your PH is fine.

Welcome to TFP :) We can help you but you will need to help yourself first :)

You need a good test kit so we can get you going, the 2 recommended test kits are in my signature below and we need the results from them to get you going, the guess strips are not helping you at all.. I would also suggest getting the taylor salt drop test kit, it is way better than the strips..

Is this a new fill? If so, we need to get some CYA in there and bleach / chlorine... but we want to stay low for now in case you need to SLAM before you get your test kit..

to get to CYA of 30 with your pool size 15000 gal you need 3 pounds, get this at walmart, it says HTH stabilizer 100% cyanuric acid on the label

the you will then keep your FC level at 4, the problem you have is you can not read or know what 4 FC is...

using bleach put 1/2 gallon in

You can try your SWG at 100% 8 hours a day and see if it will keep your FC level up...

I hope this helps :)

Got a 6 way drop test, results:Fc-.5,Ph-7.5-7.8,Cya-100,Ta-240,Th-100 put the stabilizer in as suggested. Last night. Now what do I need to do. The water is clear. I really appreciate your in put, I have had a pool for 20 years but always depended on the pool store to tell me what to do. I started with them this year but everything they said did nothing on clearing it up when it was a swamp. It was suspended and would not clear up. My brother and I were talking because he was in the same situation. He mentioned using baking soda and bleach so I went on a search and found this site. I just need to be taught. Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.